Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Anna will be one year old before the milk expires

Last year at this time, I was VERY pregnant. I remember making a trip to the grocery store, much like I did this past weekend, and when I grabbed the gallon of milk, I thought to myself "this expires AFTER Anna is due to be born." At the time, that was so exciting to me. I remember it like it was yesterday. Feeling the excitement that she would arrive before the milk had a chance to sour. That I would be smelling poopie diapers before I would smell bad milk. I know, it's ridiculous, but I was excited about it. But this year is a different story. I bought the gallon of milk that expires after Anna's birthday. There is some excitement. Excitement for her first ever birthday party and her first taste of birthday cake. But I'm also very sad. I know I've talked about it here before, how it's hard for me to grasp that she's growing up. But wow! No one ever told me how much they grow and change in the first year. Or maybe they did, I just didn't realize the extent of the growing up. I know it's only been one year, but it seems to have flown by. Anyways, I just wanted to share the milk story even though it is totally irrelevant to all things. It's just one of those things that I think I will always remember about being pregnant. Maybe I'll share another story soon. I know you will all be waiting in anticipation.

0 comments: